Create a video book trailer for the verse novel "Hugging the Rock" by Susan Taylor Brown. Put together a cast and act it out, create an animation, or use photos with text set to music - it's up to you.
Win a $1000 scholarship!
Here is an example of a video book trailer, more can be found on Youtube.
Video book trailers are ways to get readers interested in a book through one of the most popular mediums today - videos. If you have experience creating a video, making a movie, compiling, composing, editing - this scholarship is right for you!
Read the book. Buy it, go to the library and check it out. Read the excerpt. Then decide how you can best represent it as a video. Make a slide show. Film some scenes. Add music and titles. Give it a try. You never know - you might win a $1000 scholarship!
This might be the perfect thing to do over Thanksgiving.
Here is a summary of the rules.
- Create a video book trailer
- U.S resident only between 13 and 18 years of age (as of the close of the contest)
- 30 seconds to 2 minutes in length and in a standard video format (.wmv, .mov, .avi, .mp4)
- Your own creation, NO copyrighted material
- Include a brief description of the process you followed
The judging will be completed by Susan (the author), Laura Mancuso (Marketing & Publicity Manager, Tricycle Press, a division of Random House) and Naomi Bates (Northwest High School Library).
Judging will be based on the following criteria. Please see the official rules for more details.
- Creativity (50%)
- Consistency with the book (25%)
- Fit and finish (25%)