This is your chance to show off what you know about biotechnology and compete with others to win a scholarship.
Come up with the best and most creative biotechnology project, do the project and show off your results in the form of a poster. This poster should combine pictures and descriptions in such a way that it communicates the value of the project in a compelling and scientific way!
This contest will take place in four phases.
- Check to see if your biotechnology project is consistent with what is expected. To do this please fill out the Biotechnology Poster Symposium Application Form.
- Run your independent research project with your supervising biotechnology teacher, create your poster and submit . See the poster criteria and examples below. Note that your submission must be in powerpoint (ppt) or pdf format.
- Preliminary judging will take place immediately after the close of the contest. The website will be updated so that you will see which posters have been selected as finalists. ALL APPROVED SUBMISSIONS (HAVING COMPLETED STEP 1) WILL BECOME FINALISTS.
- Finalists will present in person to the panel of judges on Friday May 14th, 2010. The judges will pick the winners.
Now get going!
The rules are simple.
- Open to any current high school Biotechnology (BTEC 1010 or 1015) student in Utah.
- Second year competition open to any InnovaBio high school intern.
- You get pre-approval for your project
- You complete the project
- You will create a poster that describes your project
- Submit your poster no later than 5/7/10
Please see the official rules for more information.
Four awards for first year competition, Four awards for second year conpetition for a total of eight awards:
- First Place: Salt Lake Community College Two Year Scholarship
- Second Place: $1,500
- Third Place: $1,000
- Fourth Place: $500
These awards will be paid for eligible continuing education. Please see the official rules for a complete description.