This is your chance to show off what you know about biotechnology and compete with others to win a scholarship.
Come up with the best and most creative biotechnology project, do the project and show off your results in the form of a poster. This poster should combine pictures and descriptions in such a way that it communicates the value of the project in a compelling way!
This contest will take place in four phases.
- Check to see if your biotechnology project is consistent with what is expected. To do this, you will need to send the following to Gina Sanzenbacher email@example.com.
- Name (Last, First)
- Teacher (Last, First if known)
- Outline of Project
- A statement that you have read and agree to the International Science and Engineering Fair Rules.
- Run your independent research project with a your supervising teacher, create your poster and submit . See the poster criteria and examples below. Note that your submission must be in powerpoint (ppt) or pdf format.
- Preliminary judging will take place immediately after the close of the contest. The website will be updated so that you will see which posters have been selected as finalists. ALL APPROVED SUBMISSIONS (HAVING COMPLETED STEP 1) WILL BECOME FINALISTS.
- Finalists will present in person to the panel of judges on Monday May 11th, 2009--NOTE DATE CHANGE. The judges will pick the winners. The website will be updated with the winners on or before the scholarship award date.
Now get going!
The rules are simple.
- Open to any current high school Biotechnology (BTEC 1010 or 1020) student in Utah.
- Second year competition open to any InnovaBio high school intern.
- You get pre-approval for our project
- You complete the project
- You will create a poster that describes your project
- Submit your poster before no later than 5/8/09
Please see the official rules for more information.
Six awards, three for first year, three for second year students:
- First prize $1,500
- Second prize $1,000
- Third prize $500
These awards will be paid for eligible continuing education. Please see the official rules for a complete description.