After finishing the rough cut of my project i realized that I had not filmed enough to have creative titles and once again had to film something for titles. I ended up having two seperate shoots for the titles which only take up a few seconds of the end product because my idea did not originally work out.
I wanted to have roots growing as the opening title, and originally, wanted them to spell out the name Yaxche. For the ending credits, i wanted the bucket that waters Yaxche, the tree of life, during the film to spill and the names of the crew members to spill out with the water.
It turns out spelling names in "roots" (aka, wire) was much more difficult than i had anticipated so after hours of my first shoot, i ended up with nothing but a failed attempt with the wire. It looked sloppy and was not very legible and overall took away from thee quality of the project. My second attempt was much more successful. I used actual roots and decided to have the just grow rather than spell anything. The bucket spilling went over very well and translated almost exactly how i had pictured.