When completed, this program (written in eclipse) will use user input prompted by questions to calculate the following real world requirements for a cross country flight in a Cessna 172 Skyhawk. All numbers are based off of the C-172 user manual and are accurate:
- Calculate pressure altitude.
- Calculate weight and balance of a flight using correct arm measurements.
- Calculate the top of climb information required in an initial climb out on a cross country filght.
- Calculate the time and direction of all altitude changes.
- Calculate the fuel consumption, true course needed, true airspeed, groundspeed, and time necessary to complete a leg of the flight plan.
To make these calculations and more, I will use the java programing language in the eclipse compiler to write out the code needed. A very complex algorithm is necessary to keep the program on course with so many functions and the math involved in the 5th action takes considerable knowledge of vectors and flying information. My knowledge of computer science and flying(I am a licensed pilot) will help me to do these calculations as efficiently as possible.