Do you always stand in the greeting card isle and look, look somemore and finally settle for something that "will work". Maybe your ideas could make the next Hallmark. Maybe you are the idea person but aren't sure about the graphics, or you are skilled in the design phase but lack ideas. Try this project, assemble a team, and create a line of cards that your generations wants.
- The basic steps are as follows:
- Come up with a great design or set of designs.
- Decide if you are going to make a couple of a bunch of cards.
- If you are going to make a bunch of cards and turn this into a business, now is the time to create your business plan!
- Find a company that will print the cards.
- Create the "print ready" versions of your designs.
- Send them to the manufacturer (you will have to pay them of course).
- If these are just for you, you are done. If not, more left to do. You need to follow the steps in your business plan.
or find a site where you will sell your cards. This will be using an
existing site in most cases, such as eBay, Amazon, Yahoo or a retail location.
- Ship products as the orders arrive.
- Replenish your stock as required.