Space Player Cell Phone - Design Brief
The world has a desperate need for a high-tech communication device, or cell phone, which combines all popular communications and entertainment functions. An initiative has been issued by JATC for Space Player designs from its IED students to lend their skills in designing and prototyping this history making electronic marvel.
As part of a design concept team, research existing designs. Then design in CAD, document and present a final design of a new consumer electronics product cell phone.
1. The device must be a convenient size to fit in a small carrying case, pocket or purse.
2. The design must show function controls and include:
a. Cellular phone connectivity with walkie mode
b. MP3 download and upload capable
c. DVD download compatible and playback
d. GPS capable
e. Internet compatible w/email
Team Project Portfolio (compiled in a folder) to include:
1. Title Page with design image (10 points)
2. Table of Contents (APA) w/annoted pages (10 points)
3. Research web pages, and pics’s, etc (10 points)
4. Three different designs with preliminary, fully annoted sketches (30 points)
5. Design matrix with final design selection (10 points)
6. Ipt’s and idw's (assembly drawings) of final design (10 points)
7. Presentation drawing idw’s of the assembly (with clear tweak trails) (10 points)
8. PowerPoint presentation given by all members with .avi movie (10 points)
TOTAL Team 100 points