This activity will get you started on building a 3D game with Wild Pockets. In this activity, you will:
- create an account at the Wild Pockets site
- download and install the Wild Pockets browser plug-in
- create a scene for your game
- add a background to your scene
- save your scene
Skills you will learn include:
- understand 3D coordinate space
- developing familiarity with the Wild Pockets development environment
- Visit http://wildpockets.com and register for an account.
- Log in to your Wild Pockets account.
- Visit http://wildpockets.com/build to download and install the Wild Pockets plugin. After installing the plugin you will need to restart your browser.
- Visit Wild Pockets' My First Game tutorial. Read the introduction.
- Go to the Setting Up the Scene page of the tutorial.
- Follow the instructions in the Setting up the Scene page. When completed, you will have created the initial scene for your game.
- IMPORTANT! Before you leave the builder, you need to make your game public. Be default, your game is private, and only you can see it. On the right side of the window, there is a red folder called called My Library. Click on it, and you will see the things that you own; one of them will be your game. On the right side of that line, there is a little icon that looks like a closed eye; if you hover over it, it says "Click to make this resource public". Click it, and it will turn into an open eyeball. At that point, others will be able to play your game.
- Complete the activity by submitting the URL for your game. In the builder, go to the File menu, and select Send To A Friend. A small dialog box will pop up containing a URL; copy the URL and submit it to the activity. The URL will probably be longer than you can see in the box, so be sure to scroll and grab all of the text!