Making ringtones are way easier than you might think. Let us show you how. Give it a try!
Do you want to take a small snipit from one of your favorite song? Or do you want to record something that you will use? Either way, it is easy. Just follow the steps below. And when you are done, share the URL for your ringtone with everyone by submitting it below.
Please be careful with copyrighted material. It is your responsibility to check the box during upload that asks if the file is copyrighted.
Not all phone plans will allow for the downloading of ringtomes. Please see the Help section of phonezoo.com for more information.
Here are the steps to creating your own ringtone.
- Decide on what you will make your ringtone from.
- Go to phonezoo.com, register and click on the Ringtones tab
- Click on "Create From File" if you will upload your music or "Record Your Voice" if you will make a live recording
- If you are creating from a file, you will be asked to enter the file name and specify if this is copyrighted material. If it is, you will not be allowed to share the resulting ringtone.
- If you are creating from voice, you will have the opportunity to do the recording.
- You can also use another tool such as Audacity to record voice, music or mix the two and then upload the result.
- Now you just need to decide which portion of the uploaded or recorded audio to save as your ringtone
- There is a window over the portion of the audio that will be saved.
- You can slide this left or right until it is over the portion that you want as your ringtone.
- You can also make the window longer or shorter (up to 30 seconds) by changing the duration.
- And you can add a fade in and/or fade out.
- Once done, save.
- Download your ringtone to your phone and set it up for one or more of your friends!
- Submit (Submit Your Entry) the URL for the ringtone you just created.