A big part of animation is synchronizing the mouth or lips with the sound. This activity shows you how this works.
You will use a tool that lets you match the shape of a mouth with an audio track of someone voice. This will help you to understand the skills necessary to add lip synchronization to your animations.
Here are the steps to complete this activity.
- Get the Jlipsync tool (see tools below).
- Find a simple audio file of someone talking (you can always use the sample in links below).
- Load the audio file into Jlipsync.
- Add mouth shapes to the audio based on the letter or sound.
- Play the result to test the results.
- Continue adding and testing until you are done.
- Export the results as an AVI.
- Load this file into your video editing tool and save as a video.
- Upload your file to this activity.