In this activity, you'll learn about using color and shape to create eye-grabbing interest in your photos. You will:
- Take photos, focusing on relationships of colors in the image
- Take photos, focusing on shapes in the image
- Create abstract images using Gimp
Skills you will learn include:
- Identify different schemes on the color wheel
- Describe hue, value, and saturation as they relate to color
- Adjust the saturation and brightness of a photo
- Use Gimp drawing tools to create abstract art
- Visit Giant Campus Digital Graphics Lab
- Select Workshop 2: Exploring Color and Shape
- Go through the pages of the Workshop. In the Workshop, there are 3 projects and 2 labs. For each project, you will take 1 or more photo(s). For the labs, you will use Gimp to create or modify a picture.
- When you have completed the Workshop, submit your images using the Submit button on the activity page. The first lab goes with the first project photo; after that the remaining lab and 2 projects each result in 1 image, for a total of 4 images. You may submit more, but you must submit at least 4 images for this activity.
- Go to the forum, post links to your submissions, and discuss your use of color and shape in your images.